Black Bean & Veggie Couscous Salad
Makes 3-4 servings
1 cup (8 oz.) of plain couscous
1 mini red and orange bell peppers, diced
½ large green bell pepper, diced
1 ½ cup hot water
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 fresh lemon juice, squeezed
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1-2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup
2-3 teaspoons garlic, minced
Salt to taste
1. Placed couscous in large bowl, add hot water and olive oil, stir and set aside.
2. Add bell peppers, cranberries, beans, and parsley.
3. Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and stir until mixed well.
1. Whisk the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, agave, and salt together in a bowl.
2. While whisking constantly, add olive oil and continue whisking, then add to the couscous mixture.
Recipe and image by Natasha Hescott